Based in London, England
13 february 2015
In Planet Quest, music it the gameplay Cute little animals dance around the planet, you must zap them in time with the melodies or bu repeating the beats. Avoid the flowers and stay in time. Explore an infinite universe with endless and diverse music. There are Reggae Planets, Drum 'n Bass Planets, Boogie Woogie, and much more.
Planet Quest takes inspiration and homage to the classic and best rhythm games where the music truly controls the gameplay,games such as Rhythm Heaven and PattaPon.The cute style takes influence from the the crazy feel of Katamari, Adventure Time and Futurama. The game began development in July of 2014, with the intention to create a fun and addictive simple to play Rhythm Game for mobile. We used past custom in house tools (Stork Vector engine) that gives the game a distinctive look and allows it to scale perfectly on any device, and also created a new music tracker system with real-time audio effects, affectionately called “SongBird”, allowing us to play the music sample by sample, meaning zero lag and giving the possibility for an unlimited amount of music.
- Easy single-tap gameplay for short games of long sessions.
- Easy to play, hard to master.
- Infinite music, levels and gameplay.
- Bold and colourful vector artwork
- Old school homemade music tracker for optimal fun.
- Original and Diverse music
- Global Intergalactic weekly highscore.
- Players at #1 on the leaderboards unlock the ad-free version of the game.
- Highly addicting and super fun.
- Completely free to play!
Planet Quest Trailer YouTube
Planet Quest Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "ultra colorful, charming, and tons of fun"
- Campbell Bird, 148Apps
- "One of the best games in the genre on mobiles."
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- "Brilliant rhythm action game Planet Quest is as weird and wacky as Katamari Damacy"
- Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer
- "Planet Quest is one of the more unique games released this year on iOS"
- Francesco, Touch a play
- "PLANET QUEST THROWS THE BEST RHYTHM-BASED PARTIES"
- Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available from soundcloud.com.
OutOfTheBit is a passionate London-based independent mobile game studio. We believe in the creative possibilities of modern games, and we try to make interesting interactive products that anyone can enjoy.
More information on Outofthebit, our logo & relevant media are available here.